Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. SAS is embarking on hiring a new generation of Customer Advisory people locally and globally. This new generation are not the traditional SAS mould - but change agents, leaders and advisors to take SAS’ next generation platform Viya and AI applications to new and existing customers. Our customers are asking us to lead and advise - way beyond to traditional role of a software vendor.
With both technologies and application suites in areas such a fraud, risk, marketing and IOT - SAS has grown every year since it began.
SAS’ new Viya platform revolutionises our previous market leading offering by adding capabilities such as AI and Machine Learning – but also being based on a cloud-native, micro-services architecture, embraces open source technologies and other common cloud services.
What we do
At SAS, we believe that curiosity is at the heart of human progress, and therefore we are deeply curious about improving lives through better decisions. We strive to empower and inspire with the most trusted analytics, designed to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Data and Analytics thought-leader able to guide our New Zealand customers along their journeys toward evolving analytics. You will use your knowledge of leading practices and technologies in the data and analytics ecosystem to understand where and how analytics can benefit our customers. The compelling solutions you will formulate will demonstrate how SAS drives valuable and dependable business outcomes using the best mix of SAS, open source and cloud options.
- Build trusted relationships and develop your credibility within our market so that your proposed solutions and your practical guidance carry with weight with our customers.
- Shape a positive customer experience and measurably valuable outcomes for our customers by designing compelling analytics solutions formulated to meet customer requirements and promote leading practices.
- Conduct discovery processes to collect, analyze, clarify and document technical and business requirements that underpin your detailed solution proposals.
- Utilize your knowledge of a broad range of SAS, open source and cloud technologies to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs.
- Deliver standard, customised and/or strategic presentations outlining the capabilities of your proposed solutions, including their competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Work pro-actively with an extended account team of Sales Executives, Industry & Domain Solution Specialist, Partners and Architects to strategize on customer account planning, assuring customer success and developing opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of SAS’ core technologies and selected business solution areas, understanding how each solution addresses business challenges and its competitive positioning.
- Evangelize SAS’ solutions in the marketplace by presenting demonstrations and providing business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Formulate winning solutions in response to RFP/RFIs and capture these thoroughly, accurately and in compelling responses.
- Utilizes appropriate applications, tools, and solutions to develop and present advanced customized prototype solutions and presentations to customers at highest levels of corporate visibility.
What we’re looking for
- In-depth knowledge of industry or market segments or a comprehensive knowledge of a specific industry.
- Knowledge of the application of business analytics in one or more of the following domains would be desirable: “Risk Intelligence”, “Fraud, Security& Intelligence”, “Customer Intelligence”.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise across the analytics lifecycle – data preparation, model development, model deployment and governance
- Knowledge of open source, COTS or cloud analytics & AI tools and services (SAS, Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, TensorFlow, AWS, Azure & Google)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of customers goals, objectives and challenges and to formulate clearly articulated solutions that map to SAS and complimentary capabilities.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Strongly motivated, results-oriented, team player who can manage priorities, is comfortable working in a matrixed environment, can influence effectively at multiple organisational levels and is customer obsessed.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-AS2
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.