As a member of the R&D Usability team, design, prototype and document user interfaces (UIs) for SAS solutions from the Retail Line of Business domain.
Primary responsibilities would include the following:
- Works in cross functional team’s set-up to translate functional requirements into system design.
- Performs research focused on understanding work practice and user behaviour as individuals and as part of a work group.
- Focuses on user persona (Retail Planner and I/O Analyst) of the Retail domain to find out their business goals and needs and the processes they follow.
- Performs research focused on understanding of the user behaviours and Planner persona needs, as individuals and as part of a work group.
- Works with Product Management and development team members to put functional requirements into contextual mock-ups, via use cases. Works in cross functional teams to translate functional requirements into system design. Design, develop, and document detailed storyboards, mock-ups and/or prototypes to effectively communicate designs. Produce detailed UI design specifications.
- Ensure usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing UIs. Maintain user experience consistency within a multi-application suite of Retail LOB domain. Create and enhance usability standards. Evaluate new technologies.
- Run design reviews, usage walkthroughs, and usability tests with key stakeholders of the domain and representative user person to validate designs and iterate designs as needed. Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required.
- Influences the product development team to support User Cantered Design (UCD). Demonstrates awareness upon the domain knowledge of user persona to the stake holders.
- Communication and presentation skills necessary to present, explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
- ‘Revenue Optimization’ and ‘Size Optimization’ solutions which is a part of the Retail suite of solutions is to be enhanced, re-envision for various business and market needs. The redesign involves SAS Viya and HTML5.
- Expertise in User Centric Design methodologies including:
- User interface design for web, mobile and desktop applications
- User research
- User analysis
- Experience goal analysis
- Conceptual modelling
- User persons development
- Scenario development
- Task flow design
- Interaction Design
- Cognitive walkthroughs and heuristic evaluations
- Usability testing
- Screen design and mock-up development skills using image processing/prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD
- Development of functional prototypes using technologies/languages like HTML5/CSS.
- Application of UI guidelines for relevant development platforms like Windows, iOS, React, Android.
- User Cantered Design Methodology
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Design Thinking
- Usability, User Experience Design
- Micro-interactions and customer delight
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes.
- Knowledge of evolving user experience trends
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems.
- Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies
Minimum years of experience: 2 to 3 years
Maximum years of experience: 5 years.
Bachelor's or master’s degree in UX Design, Product Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Graphics, Cognitive Psychology, or related design field.