Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of client and server computer systems. Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Resolves problems within the scope of the workgroup.
- Serves as contact for problems/requests between users, service desks, other IT teams and the 3rd-party supporters
- Perform daily system monitoring & operations, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Develops and reviews control instructions and documentation.
- Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software of moderate complexity.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, or performance problems on the systems network; may repair imaging hardware.
- Installs and modifies hardware/software products for systems as required. The platforms can be Windows, Linux, MacOS, mobile systems or cloud.
- Verifies, tracks, and resolves user and/or system problems.
- Develops training material and/or conducts demonstrations.
- Assists with documentation projects, new product evaluation and support for special projects as needed.
- Works on an on-call rotation for off-hour site IT emergency support.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Typically requires experience with interactive network environment and one or more client/server operating systems required. User support, customer support, or training experience preferred.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Oral/written English is required
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.