Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Service Delivery Manager who will be accountability for the application support services delivered through SAS to a major Government department who are currently part way through the implementation of SAS’ Fraud Detection and Investigation solution.
The SDM plays the pivotal role in ensuring excellence is achieved with respect to client delivery and customer satisfaction by managing operational client relationships and the quality of our service delivery. Able to multi-task in a pressurised environment, with excellent stakeholder management, planning and organisation skills, the SDM is expected to proactively lead and manage cross-functional SAS, and SAS Partner teams, to successfully deliver the contracted service
- Act as the primary point of contact for both the client, SAS and SAS’ service delivery partners
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place in support of outstanding service delivery
- Take accountability for service delivery performance, meeting client expectations, and driving future demand
- Provide accurate and regular reports to management on performance of the service delivery
- Analyse Partner/3rd party and internal processes and create strategies for service delivery optimization
- Monitor and manage all support functions in scope for the service to ensure optimal SAS and client outcomes
- Coordinate and manage cross-departmental SAS and Partner/3rd party teams, building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments
- Ensure that the services are operated within agreed costs and constraints and that exceptions are reported and escalated as appropriate
- Work with the SAS Customer Account Team to identify and support new business opportunities
- Build and foster senior-level relationships with key client and SAS exec-level stakeholders
- Take ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Take responsibility for all service-related financials, to include manging to pre-set revenue and margin expectation
What we’re looking for:
- Operational delivery experience in a diverse, large-scale environment
- Mastery of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) principles
- Strong experience in dealing with third party provided services
- Strong working knowledge of governance, compliance, and security policies
- A working knowledge of current industry-standard IT architecture, platforms, and solutions
- Expertise in people management and leadership
- Proficiency in leading both physical and virtual teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong organizational, resource planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently and deal with ambiguity
- Must be politically savvy and able to head-off potential issues before they arise
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude and mindset
- Able to provide coaching to the team whilst leading by example
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As you will be working with the UK Public Sector we require UK residency (min 5 years) or ideally already currently security cleared (SC level)
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.