Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant to join our Professional Service Delivery team in China. This person will be responsible for providing consulting and implementation service across FSI, commercial and public sectors.
- Provide timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains including Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Install SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Contribute to detailed technical documentation as required, such as requirements, design, administration and user guides.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Work and collaborate with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internally and/or with customers.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of SAS products, architecture, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Ability to conceptualize clients’ needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Role can be based in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou/Shenzhen or Xiamen.
- Candidates with less/more experience may be considered in a role commensurate with their seniority
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
*This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to you skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.