Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Analytical Consultant to join our Professional Service Delivery team in China. This person will be responsible for providing analytical services to current and prospective customers across FSI, commercial and public sectors. You will take part in developing statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provide statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translate customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures.
- Support data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contribute and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provide coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
What we’re looking for
- Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics using the SAS system or other technology.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience analyzing data. Relevant experience in an industry (specifically in FSI) preferred.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Deep knowledge of SAS analytical offerings or other open source technology and putting code into production systems
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Role can be based in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou/Shenzhen.
- Candidates with less/more experience may be considered in a role commensurate with their seniority
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.