Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Industry Consultant to join our Professional Service Delivery team in China. This person will be responsible for leveraging extensive industry expertise to provide consultation strategies and deliver unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market.
- Provide direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases and proof of concepts.
- Coach the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develop industry specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Support thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key industry organizations.
- Support sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Lead customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership.
- Identify industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinate with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then align SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identify sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assist with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Specialized knowledge in a key solution area or FSI industry.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Role can be based in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou/Shenzhen.
- Candidates with less/more experience may be considered in a role commensurate with their seniority
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.