Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Implementation Project Manager to join our South Africa Professional Services & Delivery team. You will be working with our largest, most strategic customers: Banks, Insurers, Government departments, big Commercial organisations etc. You lead implementation projects in areas like Risk Management, Fraud and Customer Insight.
- Assume fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses.
- Identify, document and escalate any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the project team to the appropriate management team.
- Assist in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information.
- Prepare sample or high level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
- Participate in deal review sessions with account teams and senior management.
- Complete risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.)
- Participate with account management teams to write, estimate and review proposals for software, hosting, and services deals.
- Identify and /or review assignment of team members for Discovery Workshops, Assessments and other presales activities that require matching skills with specific agendas and services, and participate in these activities, including adding domain, administration and contracts expertise.
- Understand win/win negotiation principles.
- Support Senior Project Managers or Program Managers on large projects and may independently manage small scale projects.
- Manage internal or external customer expectations fully and acts as customer liaison.
- Manage SAS Software implementation projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicate the role of the project manager to the project team and internal or external client(s) by outlining authority, decision and communications chains.
- Identify and matche skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verifies that team members know and understand their assignments.
- Leverages methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
- Ensure quality assurance and test plans are developed for the project.
- Maintain an accurate project plan, adheres to deadlines and communicates weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Forecast revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Follow established change management procedures should project plans or schedules be adjusted.
- Ensure project designs and specifications provide a reliable blue print for implementation.
- Build relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Provide leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Resolve any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Complete engagement/project summary, project closeout procedures and skills inventory updates, when applicable, at end of project.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through project health checks, surveys and Delivery Excellence agreements according the the governing Project Management Methodology.
- Oversee knowledge management activities of the delivery team using knowledge server or comparable tool.
What we’re looking for
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management Practice procedures and tools.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Very good domain and industry expertise as well as an understanding of SAS internal processes and organization.
- Very good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.