SAS technology allows customers to achieve great results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind many goods, products and pharmaceuticals, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is driving a revolution in the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good.
SAS R&D Pune, with its experience in developing applications and solutions for the Retail domain, has built a reputation within SAS for excellence in the development and delivery of high quality applications across an expanding set of technologies. We aim to push our developers’ careers in the direction they have always envisaged.
Welcome to the forefront of making a difference!
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. For this role, you will join the Retail Solutions team. We are looking for a Java developer to help develop the next generation of Retail Solution Suite. You will help with plan and design work and take responsibility for large parts of the application. Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, so you will also help mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
Essential Technology Experience:
- A minimum of 12+ years of experience in developing web applications
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise grade, scalable and data intensive software solutions.
- Experience Docker, Kubernetes and cloud technologies such as Azure/AWS
- Hands on working experience on Cloud Native, Software as a Service (SaaS) including exposure to production systems / software reliability engineering ( SRE) desirable.
- Proficiency in JAVA programming and technologies, exposure/knowledge to GoLang language desirable.
- Experience with Postgres or any other RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with quality assurance processes including , TDD/BDD, unit testing, and automated integration testing.
- Knowledge / experience in usability design and fair for understanding & critiquing use-cases.
- Must be familiar with Agile software development methodologies, CI/CD & DevOps practices and exposure to associated tools such as Gradle/Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Bachelors/master’s in computer science or related engineering discipline.
- Work Hands-on with the teams to define the architecture of multi-tier solutions. Should be able to understand the requirements from the product management and should be able to translate them to the product features and architecture using new technologies to solve the business problem.
- Should be able to present the design and proposed architecture to the stakeholders. Should be able to define the architecture for scale, performance, and usability. Should facilitate the selection of correct technical choices via collaboration.
- Should be able to guide and mentor junior developers and peers in the team.
- Should be able to implement the architecture with the team and solve complex technical issues.
- Should be able to improve on processes related to quality of the software development. Should ensure and work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure quality software development.
- Should be able to make decisions on technical implementations based on competing tradeoffs.
- Should be able to defend, influence, persuade and align management as well as individual team members on the technical decisions.
- Should be able to write technical documents, document design/architecture for consumption of technical staff.
- Work closely with product management to define the future requirements.
- Help the management in project scoping and execution.
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a seasoned technical professional with an experience of 12+ years in multiple software technologies and domains. The candidate should have successful track record of designing and helping architecting enterprise class solutions with high-performance and scalability. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to address small and large audiences when required. Experience of working in Global software organizations engaged in provision of large software development. Also, highly desired is experience in high data volume domains like Retail or others.
Experience developing for the cloud, SaaS and DevOps is preferred, involving large scale data migrations and handling.
At least 12+ years’ overall experience with architecting software preferred.
At least 8+ years’ experience in Software Development in areas such as micro-services .