Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Principal Customer Advisory – FSI (Pre-Sales) to provide domain and technical leadership (pre-sales & account selling activities) demonstrating excellent fraud and compliance domain knowledge, as well as excellent breadth across the Financial Services Institutions (FSI) industry. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, qualify, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations. Spearheads Financial Services territory activities alongside Sales and engage Alliances and Channel Partners to further grow the territory.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the FSI Sales Team and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Develops required client relationships in order to build client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and FSI industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment. Professional certification related to area of assignment may be required.
- Typically requires 12 years of relevant work experience involving data acquisition/analysis, machine learning, fraud prevention/detection/investigation or from a software vendor, including demonstrated proficiency with fraud/financial crime solution software. Alternatively, your experience may have been gained within a consulting practice or a professional services firm.
- Someone with wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. In-depth knowledge of industry or market segments or a comprehensive knowledge of investigating, detection, prevention of fraud/financial crimes, anti-money laundering, irregularity, threats, abuse/wastages, etc
- Possesses a strong user-focused knowledge of Fraud, Surveillance, Financial Crimes and Security requirements and market demand.
- Specific industry-related experience may be considered in lieu of programming experience for some positions.
- Public speaking experience.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good knowledge of SAS competitors in the Fraud and Security Intelligence solution area is important. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of SAS technologies and similar competitive technologies to effectively compare/compete and position SAS.
- Broad knowledge of FSI organizations critical business areas and the ability to apply that information in all responsibilities.
- Superior knowledge of SAS products, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices for designing complex, multi-solution architectures.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate breadth and depth of Banking / Insurance sectors – both technology & domain
- Operational experience will be an advantage
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.