Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS - JMP, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. Pronounced “jump,” its name suggests a leap in interactivity, a move in a new direction. John Sall, SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President, created this dynamic software and remains its chief architect and leader of the JMP division. Introduced in 1989 with scientists and engineers in mind, JMP has grown into a family of statistical discovery products used worldwide in almost every industry. From its beginnings, JMP software has empowered its users by enabling interactive analytics on the desktop.
What you’ll do
We are currently hiring a Systems Engineer to join our JMP UK and Ireland team. This role provides technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term JMP/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of JMP products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Utilizes current JMP strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in JMP System tools.
- Show leadership in a chosen technology area or grouping.
- Assists in training of staff
What we’re looking for
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry or market segments.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to JMP applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate (mostly within UK and Ireland).
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.