Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager to be responsible for developing and managing a team of Customer Success Managers in the UK&I region with the goal of supporting the customer from onboarding through technology adoption and use expansion. This team is an integral part of SAS’ long term relationship with its customers, and the efforts put forth by this team will directly impact the value realized and the ultimate success of the business relationship. Develops programming to support the company’s customer retention and renewal strategy.
- Directly manage Customer Success Managers. Director level will manage technical managers.
- Determine equitable territory assignments; set and review performance goals and establishes priorities for all reporting staff
- Develop procedures and guidelines to support complete territory account management processes.
- Serve as an advisor and resource to team members and management in all aspects of customer relationship management skills and techniques, territory management, policies and procedures, SAS software/hardware platforms, market trends and preparation of complex Customer Success Plans as needed, and formulation of resolutions and responses related to unusual complex problems and exceptions.
- Assumes a leadership role in collaborating with Sales Business Units and Marketing to improve the customer experience by making suggestions for process enhancements and educating their staff.
- Participates with CSM’s and support staff in customer calls and presentations, goal identification, evaluation of account needs, and design of appropriate strategies.
- Monitors new staff during their initial training program period and evaluates their skills throughout the program based on training objectives; identifies internal training needs and makes recommendations where appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of customer relationship management methodologies and practices.
- Promotes and utilizes SAS selling concepts and techniques.
- Delivers timely and accurate reports to management.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated proven record of complex solution selling.
- Demonstrated supervision skills in a sales organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles, specifically in the hardware and software industry, as well as selling to Fortune 500 companies and/or large governmental institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and oral communication skills; demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently; demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to travel.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.