Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
For this role we are looking for a seasoned Project Manager based in our Tervuren (Belgium) office who can coordinate all aspects of service & delivery offerings.
In this position you ensure the delivery of Services Projects are on track and opportunities or escalations are acted on. As overall project leader you are responsible for aligning the project scope with the strategic objectives and making recommendations for necessary strategic adjustments. You act as main advisor to the SAS Management Teams and develop and improve project processes and metrics that enable our internal teams to successfully implement new technologies and solutions
Note that this is not a people management position. This is a role where you will be the liaison between all internal SAS stakeholders and the customer.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders through strong governance processes, appropriate expectation management, robust change management principles and implemented clear communication plans.
- Apply the best suitable Project Management methodology for the solution implementation and customer situation.
- Motivate the team through various and best suitable leadership stiles.
- Act as the primary Professional Services delivery partner for customers through-out the project; focused on building and developing strong relationship, resolving issues and influencing future business by playing key role in setting a vision to the customer.
- Own and manage either a single major or portfolio of differing projects across one or more accounts, countries and industry sectors.
- Be planning multiple large and complex projects (agreeing realistic expectations of timeframes, costs, risks, resource requirements and deliverables with client).
- Define statements of work and project charters, risk and mitigation assessments, plans/schedules, project resourcing and status reporting.
- Have full ownership of the success of projects, delivering solutions on time, within budget and profit and loss targets and in accordance with customers’ requirements for quality and functionality.
- Own the financial aspects of the projects, maintenance of the planned profit margin and ensuring billing revenue is accurately forecasted and processed.
- Design and Facilitate internal and external workshops and meetings for optimized outcome.
- Support our sales organisation and engagement managers when engaging with customers in defining new deliveries.
What we’re looking for
- Have minimum 10 years of experience in implementing complex software solutions in different companies.
- You are trilingual French, Dutch & English
- Have great experience in traditional Project Management methodologies and are strong in agile methodologies to lead and coach both your team and the customer.
- Gets motivated as project manager for both smaller projects as well as big and complex projects.
- Have great and proven people management skills.
- Have superior stakeholder management skills
- Have great experience in running projects with distributed teams both from own and customer organization with several different nationalities.
- Have experience with Program Management
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.