Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
You will support the company by providing legal advice and assistance throughout the company primarily and the subsidiaries in the Benelux. You will perform a full range of legal services and maintain a diverse and heavy caseload. Focus primarily on software / hosting and related services agreement, intellectual property, contract management, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Manage legal business matters pertaining to the company and the Benelux subsidiaries as assigned.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and/or commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Conduct legal research. Review and prepare memoranda and other written guidance in order to advise the company on appropriate legal action.
- Prepare and review legal instruments and documents including, but not limited to contracts and government filings.
- Act as an advisor on legal issues involving the company’s government and regulatory compliance.
- Provide legal counsel and oversight for basic to complex legal matters affecting the company.
- Lead contractual negotiations.
Duration: This a long-term contract.
What we’re looking for
- Work on legal issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to perform the duties of the job withinsctions on routine work and general truetailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Exercise excellent judment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Good knowledge of SAS’ approved legal positions and ability to apply those positions to solve problems and issues.
- Assist in preparation of documents for government regulatory filings or responses to government or internal investigations or litigation.
- Fluent speaking and excellent legal drafting skills in English and French. Dutch will be a big plus.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.