Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
- Possess a strong user-focused knowledge of Fraud, Surveillance, Financial Crimes and Security requirements and market demand.
- Provide domain and technical leadership demonstrating excellent fraud and security domain knowledge.
- Collaborate with account team to identify opportunities, articulates business and technical value, prepares, and presents software solution and winning deals.
- Relate customer’s business requirements with strong problem-solving skills to position SAS solution as the optimal answer to their business challenges.
- Work closely with the sales teams in sales activities to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Drive pipeline building and lead-generation activities through marketing campaigns, industry events, and partner sales engagements.
- Enrich demo assets and use-cases on Fraud and Security Intelligence domain.
- Build strong relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize knowledge of broad range of SAS and third-party technologies/capabilities to design and demonstrate solutions to address customer needs.
- Participate in discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on domain and business value.
- Support and deliver customized Proof of Concepts.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Work closely with Account Executive, in planning and implementing solution strategy and industry go to market plan.
- Provide demonstration and business development support at sponsored marketing events, trade shows, and internal meetings.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participate in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Acquire good knowledge of SAS competitors in the Fraud and Security Intelligence solution area is important. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of SAS technologies and similar competitive technologies to effectively compare/compete and position SAS.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. In-depth knowledge of industry or market segments or a comprehensive knowledge of investigating, detection, prevention of fraud/financial crimes, anti-money laundering, irregularity, threats, abuse/wastages, etc
- Working knowledge of SAS Analytics technologies and open source languages like Python and R is desired, and as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills -- excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good problem solving, organizational & decision-making skills.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Demonstrated thought leader in domain and/or industry (e.g. publishes articles, speaks in the business track at conferences/events, etc.).
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Possess tertiary Degree/Major/Master in Analytics/Statistics/Applied Mathematics/Information System/Computing/Computer Science/Engineering/Business or other related fields. Professional certifications like Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Security+, ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering Professional), GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) or related areas will be an added advantage.
- Possess 8-12 years of relevant work experience involving data acquisition/analysis, machine learning, fraud prevention/detection/investigation or from a software vendor, including demonstrated proficiency with fraud/financial crime solution software. Alternatively, your experience may have been gained within a consulting practice or a professional services firm.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.