SAS technology allows customers to achieve great results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind many goods, products, and pharmaceuticals, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is driving a revolution in the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good.
SAS R&D Pune, with its experience in developing applications and solutions for a variety of domains, has built a reputation within SAS for excellence in the development and delivery of high-quality applications across an expanding set of technologies. We aim to push our developer's and testers’ careers in the direction they have always envisaged.
Welcome to the forefront of making a difference!
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. We are looking for a Sr. Associate Software Developer to work for the Visual Forecasting product in the Analytics area. You will be a part of the Visual Forecasting UI development team, working on new/existing software. You will design, develop, build, and support a scalable product with the highest quality within expected timelines during the development cycle. You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technologies and processes viz. React, Kubernetes in continuous integration and deployment in a cloud-based environment.
Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience.
Essential Technology Experience:
- At least 3 - 5 years of working experience in multi-tier application development with an excellent understanding of software development lifecycle
- Experience in developing large complex UI and system interactions within multiple software components.
- Experienced programmer with a strong understanding of the REST API interactions.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Hands-on experience of working on React framework with a strong understanding of React hooks.
- Experience in state management with Redux.
- Experience in unit and integration testing for UI technologies.
- Familiar with Agile methodology and with tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience on Windows as well Linux operating system with basic troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Git, Gerrit.
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Working in a Cloud-based development environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model
- Exposure to OPenUI5 is a plus
- Understanding of Cloud-based tools viz. docker, Kubernetes.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Design and develop UI for a complex analytical product following CI/CD model.
- Develop, maintain the product.
- Understand the complete software development lifecycle from use-case analysis, UX design reviews, development, debugging, and deployment.
- Design, develop and execute high quality, flexible and scalable applications, frameworks, and tools in support of a variety of development activities including those needed for continuous deployment pipeline.
- Creation and maintenance of development containers in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Track the progress of individual tasks and communicate status and risks.
- Involve stakeholders to understand requirements, ensure software quality, and functionality.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain an elite level of code quality.
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, deployment, and data.
- Develop features and debug issues.
- Review relevant product documentation.
- Work closely with local as well as remote dev/test teams to ensure timely deliveries.
- Ability to communicate with people of a technical background, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and the ability to write and present clearly on technical matters in a business context