SAS technology allows customers to achieve great results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind many goods, products, and pharmaceuticals, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is driving a revolution in the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good.
SAS R&D Pune, with its experience in developing applications and solutions for a variety of domains, has built a reputation within SAS for excellence in the development and delivery of high-quality applications across an expanding set of technologies. We aim to push our developer's and testers’ careers in the direction they have always envisaged.
Welcome to the forefront of making a difference!
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. We are looking for a Sr. Associate Software Developer to work for the Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning (VDMML) product in the Analytics area. You will be a part of the VDMML development team, working on new/existing software. You will design, develop, build, and support a scalable product with the highest quality within expected timelines during the development cycle. You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technologies and processes viz. Go, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, micro-services, and Kubernetes in continuous integration and deployment in a cloud-based environment.
Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience.
Essential Technology Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in multi-tier application development with an excellent understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong programming aptitude in the Java or Go programming languages.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Hands-on experience of working on building REST APIs using Java, Go, or any similar high-level language.
- Knowledge of database interactions in a transactional system using PostgreSQL or a similar database.
- Usage of messaging tools like RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing for API’s, with experience working in a testing automation environment being a plus.
- Familiar with Agile methodology using sprints and with tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Basic troubleshooting in cloud environments, e.g., Kubernetes, Azure, GCP, or AWS.
- Knowledge of the REST API concepts for service-oriented architecture.
- Working knowledge of Git and Gerrit.
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Working in a Cloud-based development environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model using test automation
- Understanding of Cloud-based tools viz. docker, Kubernetes.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Develop, document, develop, and test APIs for a complex analytical product following the CI/CD model.
- Design, develop, maintain the product, including all related testcases for unit testing and assist in developing product testcase automation as needed.
- Understand the complete software development lifecycle from use-case analysis, development, debugging, and deployment.
- Design, develop and execute high-quality, flexible, and scalable applications (micro-services), frameworks, and tools in support of a variety of development activities including those needed for continuous deployment pipeline.
- Creation and maintenance of development containers in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Track the progress of individual tasks and communicate status and risks in a timely fashion.
- Involve stakeholders to understand requirements, ensure software quality, and functionality.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews in a timely fashion to maintain an elite level of code quality.
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, deployment, and data.
- Work collaboratively with testers to identify and resolve issues found during testing.
- Develop features and debug issues.
- Review relevant product documentation and guide technical writers as necessary.
- Work closely with local as well as remote dev/test teams to ensure timely deliveries.
- Ability to communicate with people of different technical background, think analytically, write, and edit technical material, and the ability to write and present clearly on technical matters in a business context.