Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
In this role, you are required to analyze and document business processes. Assessing the business model and its integration with technology. The role also defines new business requirement standards and enforce implementation in all projects to ensure efficiency and effectiveness results
Serve as a Risk Functional/Technical Consultant focusing in SAS Risk Management Solutions with specific emphasis on Basel and Regulatory Risk Management. SAS Risk solutions cover the following:
- Regulatory risk management (Basel)
- Credit scoring & internal rating
- Stress testing, IFRS
- Asset Liability Management and Banking Book Interest Rate Return
- Risk measurement, including market, counterparty credit & operational risk
- Governance, risk & compliance
- Capital planning & stress testing
- Data management, reporting & dashboarding.
- Translates business and system needs into Solution Requirements for Designers, Developers and Testers to consume and uses Requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification and management techniques for the purpose.
- Engaged in work efforts at all scales ranging from minor defect fixes and enhancements to development of new applications. They are also involved in all types of solution approaches (custom development, package implementation etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data warehouses, web services, infrastructure etc.)
- Facilitates meetings with clients or project team. Conduct requirements and design workshops utilizing banking, insurance and risk management knowledge and experience
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies the most complex information systems
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Ongoing improving/develop the business requirement processes and defines standards with the goal on enhances effectiveness and efficiency Document it as the standard guideline/procedures. Enforce in all projects’ business requirement process and monitor the outcome.
- Leading, review and quality control other projects team on business requirement processes
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design. Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Develop professions deliverables such as Requirements, Functional Specifications, Data Mapping, Design, Business Rules, Test Strategy, Test Scripts and User Guides.
- Interpret regulatory guidelines in risk management to be configured and coded into SAS systems.
- Hands on configuration and scripting.
What we’re looking for
- Good business knowledge and familiarity with insurance products, operation and credit processes. Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of IFRS17. Actuarial knowledge is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a business analyst working with project sponsor to understand and document project objectives, scope, gaps and to establish vision.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with business owners to understand current processes and to document and prioritize requirements specifications, business processes and recommendations.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Finance, Risk Management or related discipline, with minimum of 5 years’ working experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; Excellent presentation skills; Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills; Ability to work independently, or as a team.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.