Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to support SAS Korea by proiding legal advice and assistance.
- Provide legal and strategic advice on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities, employment, privacy, and other matters to various business units and the executive team.
- Negotiate, review, and draft a wide range of inbound and outbound contracts, including customers agreements, license agreements, partner agreements, vendor agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Advise on compliance with corporate law.
- Conduct ethics and other employment related investigations.
- Advise on regional employment law matters including employment contracts, employee turnover, HR policies, and HR templates.
- Advise on compliance with global privacy, data protection and other regulatory requirements.
- Review and advise on new and pending legislation on a range of applicable topics.
- Be a key legal resource for SAS’ business to support the sales, consulting, HR, marketing, IT, and other functions.
- Work with and managing external legal counsel.
What we’re looking for
- Hold Korean Lawyer Certificate
- At least 5 years of experience working in law firm and/or in-house at a reputable company.
- Prior in-house experience (ideally in a IT industry) is preferred.
- Experience in commercial law principles and contract drafting and negotiation is key.
- Some familiarity in the fields of securities, privacy, employment, and IP (Copyright) law preferred.
- Excellent legal drafting skills with the ability to be precise, creative, and flexible in your approach.
- Ability to identify, research, analyze, and distill legal issues.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn and apply new legal skills.
- Good business sense and pragmatic approach to day-to-day legal issues.
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Does not have concerns working directly with Japan office and US headquarters.
- Strong English language skills
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.