Senior Data Visualization Analyst
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you will do
As a Data Visualization Analyst, you’ll be joining the Corporate Analytics and Insights team in Finance, which focuses on the modernization and development of reporting, visualizations, advanced analytics, automation, and defining a single source of truth for SAS.
You’ll join our highly collaborative team of Data Scientists and Data Visualization Analysts to create reports across different focus areas including Sales Operations and Revenue, in order to help SAS become IPO-ready. You have a strong business acumen coupled with demonstrated technical ability to know how to develop, explore, analyze, and present data and solutions to a business audience.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can bridge the gap between business and technical and who has a passion for using data to business decisions.
- Performs data analysis from multiple data sources and builds reports for projects focusing on bringing transparency into the data and trends that are driving our company
- Provides project leadership on analytics requests from across the company, including requirements management, report development, testing, and communications to stakeholders, etc.
- Contributes to the efforts of building and maintaining a comprehensive reporting and tracking strategy in order for SAS to be IPO-ready by 2024.
- Communicates and presents analysis and insights to internal customers and executive management.
- Provides proactive communications and expectation management to global customer base. This includes status updates, business impact, and project priorities communications.
- Takes a proactive, consultative approach to analytics. Asks the right questions of the data and makes proactive recommendations aligned to overall business strategy.
- Gathers business requirements and translates to technical requirements.
- Displays curiosity to learn more and consistently uses new-found knowledge in work setting. Partners with technology development team to prioritize tasks and provide business direction.
- Connects cross-divisional analytics and data initiatives.
- Develops user training materials and/or documentation. Trains departmental users on new system features and functionality.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of departmental systems and general knowledge of related organizational systems.
- May lead or participate in large, complex, cross-organizational project teams
- 3+years of experience building data visualizations
- SAS Programming, SAS Data Management, SQL or use of relevant data cleansing tool
- Solid understanding of fundamental data concepts (table joins, data deduplication, Boolean logic, if/then logic)
- Proven ability in understanding, writing, and articulating user business requirements to technical staff
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interactions and exposure to team members, key leadership within division and across divisions
- Practical experience in a Data Management environment.
- Experience in marketing operations and analytics.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Enterprise Guide
- Prior experience or education in Finance
- Prior experience in a Public Company
- Prior experience preparing for an IPO
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Accounting, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.