Cloud Implementation Project Manager (LATAM)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Implementation Project Manager, you will support the overall account strategy in the areas of ensuring delivery engagement quality and achieving high customer satisfaction. You will regularly interact with external clients/customers, staff, management, and applicable departments at SAS, and your daily focus is cloud service delivery excellence – and elimination of tasks that detract from that focus.
Cloud implementation project managers focus on the lifecycle responsibilities from contract signature through initiation, build, burn-in, and transition to operations for ongoing cloud support.
- Manage the Installation, Configuration, Integration, and Testing of SAS Cloud-hosted and Remotely Managed solutions swiftly and correctly while delivering an Excellent Customer Experience
- Maintain a service-delivery focus leveraging cloud expertise and the ability to differentiate nuances of SAS solution
- Understand Customer’s hosting requirements
- Initiate the environment delivery process
- Manage expectations, scope, and change
- Coordinate with technical teams to build out the customer environment swiftly and correctly
- Build expertise on cloud deliveries, service catalog tasks, and ServiceNow to enable efficient deliveries
- Monitor project financials and take actions to limit costs while meeting commitments
- Keep stakeholders apprised of the project status
- Escalate issues to meet commitments and reasonable customer expectations
- Ensure Customer and/or Professional Services are onboarded successfully
- Transition environment to TAMs as each is operational
- Lead upgrade efforts for operational projects
- Perform analysis of business and user needs, document requirements, determine a strategy and develop a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which leads to a client's adoption and improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Advise clients on solution adoption and integration into business processes based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
- Drive success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Facilitate client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented.
- Resolve issues between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engage management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through determination and attainment of project success criteria, engagement and discussions with customers and leadership.
- Build relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Obtains access to decision makers; creates and presents a solution for decision makers.
- Manages multiple large-scale projects that may involve subcontractors.
- Selects the appropriate approvals to gain win/win resolutions and can appropriately lead negotiations.
- Consulting, project or program management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, or computer science-related field.
- 3+ years of experience in external, customer-facing project management role.
- Experience as a Cloud Project Manager in a software development environment.
- Current PMP, PRINCE2, or equivalent certification.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- MS Project proficiency.
- Experience with Service Now or similar ticketing system for services.
- Experience with Cloud project management in Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Project Management practice procedures and tools.
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and facilitation skills (including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues).
- Good problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Travel as business needs dictate (up to 10% - when business travel resumes)
- Experience with full-cycle project management of software development projects in a hosted environment.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn