We are searching for an experiences senior controller to support the SAS SK/CZ business from finance operations perspective. If you enjoy rounded finance-related work agenda, project accounting and work that contains both local and international accounting context, this might be your next opportunity. This is a contractor role.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee various accounting operations for SAS Czech and SAS Slovakia
- Manage Billing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Manage quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and financial statements
- Liaises with internal and external professional advisors (banks, tax, accounting, audit, legal etc.) to transact complex business on behalf of the company Ensures financial compliance with statutory requirements (legal and tax), corporate policy, and audit requirements, including audited financial statements and footnotes as required
- Coordinates or participates directly in the annual external audit.
- Identifies and resolves finance and operational issues
- Prepares and/or reviews US GAAP and statutory financial data (financial statements) for designated entities, including consolidated entities (second-tier subs).
- Develop and adhere to internal SAS policies and procedures
- Supports information requests both internally and externally for compliance and operational effectiveness
- Coordinate implementation of new accounting system as required by HQ
What We’re Looking for
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with accounting/controlling in international environment
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize per given context
- Proactiveness and ability to take ownership
- Breadth of knowledge across tax, audit, treasury, financial analysis & reporting, information technology, legal, business, and operational areas
- User-level knowledge of software tools - Microsoft Office Suite, general ledger package(s), financial reporting tools
- Ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data in a multi-currency environment, and action accordingly
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), local statutory differences, and tax impacts of both
- Strong internal control knowledge for both systems and processes
- Ability to interact with management and customers normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.