Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will help drive our business development efforts in China with a focus on introducing education programs and training solutions to SAS users. You will be champion for developing and managing meaningful relationships between SAS and current or prospective customers across industries.
- Identify new business opportunities, develop as well as manage relationships in strategic territories and accounts.
- Leverage strategic direction from market insights and proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how SAS training offerings effectively differentiate from our competitors, can bring business value and address each customer’s critical business challenges. Assist customers in assessing their Talent Development needs.
- Foster strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted SAS clients, especially those that span AE territories.
- Manage education-related proposal responses alongside AEs.
- Proactively communicate domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- Work with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives when needed.
- In consultation with Institute management, assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Initiate and coordinate business development projects and marketing activities with business partners as needed.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management when needed.
- Conduct follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Drive demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- Provide overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. May direct internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Keep abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relate technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, business partner development, or technical functions related to Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Exposure to financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, education sectors preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in Mandarin plus business-level English skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Public speaking experience advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.