Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Architect to participate and/or lead in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; participates in the design process; relates technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services projects. Focuses on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, data management, system integration, user interface. Assists the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation, and closeout at customer sites.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Analyzes all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan, and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Delivers standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Looks for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in related field.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources is essential.
- Sound knowledge on various Operating Systems inclusive Unix/Linux and Windows is desired.
- Hands-on experience of various HTTP servers and web application servers such as Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Pivotal tc, Pivotal Web Server.
- Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, OpenStack.
- Strong experience on authentication mechanism such as Kerberos, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), PAM/SSSD, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.