Essential Qualification and Technology Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- At least two years of working experience in muiti-tier application testing with excellent understanding of software testing lifecycle
- Strong programming aptitude in any languages like Java, Groovy, Spock, Go, Python or any other programming/scripting language
- Demonstrated experience of automation testing at API layer with hands-on experience on automation testing tools, and automation infrastructure setup
- Demonstrated experience with REST
- Experience of using Postman & SOAPUI for REST API validation
- Experience in full stack root cause analysis
- Familiar with Agile methodology and with tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience on Windows as well Linux operating system with basic troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Git, Gerrit
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containerization will be a plus
- Knowledge of any public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and debugging of complex multi-tiered software applications
- Knowledge of any test automation framework
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Software testing activities, throughout the software release cycle, for the SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning product following CI/CD model.
- Development of self-verifying, fully automated tests to validate REST APIs and product workflows.
- Develop automated tests using frameworks such as Spock or Junit.
- Design, develop, maintain, execute test plans, scenarios, and processes.
- Automate tests; analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Design, develop and execute high quality, flexible and scalable applications, frameworks, and tools in support of a variety of testing activities including those needed for continuous deployment pipeline.
- Develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Creation and maintenance of test containers in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Track progress of individual tasks and communicate status and risks.
- Involve stakeholders to ensure testing tools satisfy requirements, software quality, and functionality.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain an elite level of code quality.
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, integrations, and data.
- Identify, track, and verify defects in the software.
- Review relevant product documentation.
- Work closely with local as well as remote dev/test teams to ensure timely deliveries.
- Ability to communicate with people of a technical background, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and the ability to write and present clearly on technical matters in a business context
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a software testing professional with an experience of 3 to 4 years in multiple software technologies and domains. The candidate should have a successful track record of working in testing organizations preferably developing software products for global teams. Candidate should have proven analytical & problem-solving skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to address small & large audiences when required.
About the Candidates We Seek
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that make SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate, who in addition to fitting in with our values, also possesses technical and relationship skills, is a problem solver, good communicator, and, of course, innovator. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.