Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Sr. Implementation Project Manager. You are a seasoned and mature professional leader, experienced in all aspects of complex life-cycle project management while ensuring consistency with SAS’ overall strategy, commitments, goals and project delivery methodology. This includes working with large client organizations consisting of multiple stakeholders and business groups with projects of at least $1M.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track project progress
- Lead and coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management
- Communicate and track regularly on the status of project goals by ensuring project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource additions
- Provide direction and support to project team to ensure accomplishment of agreed- upon goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Assemble and coordinate project staff while managing resource availability and allocation
- Report on progress of project to all stakeholders by presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Successfully manage relationships with the client and all stakeholders. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties and vendors.
- Independently manage key aspects and key success factors of one or more projects
- Continually monitor effectiveness of projects and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Technology related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a Project Manager role managing projects of high complexity and experience with projects with a budget of at least than $1M
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English
- Ability to lead project teams and gain consensus both internally and with clients
- Expert at delivering software development projects and working with technical resources through the full/complete SDLC
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge and competence in related business functional area would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgeting process, analyze budget performance including project margin/profitability analysis and monitoring
- Ability to perform well under pressure; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand clients’ business perspective and provide insight
- Has or ability to obtain Government of Canada security clearance
- Ability to travel as much as 25% of the time (post Covid)
- A candidate with an interest in a full time permanent role with us
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.