Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Data Scientist with knowledge or experiences in some combination of the following: predictive analytics, machine learning, knowledge discovery in databases, optimization, statistical theory, experimentation and/or time series analysis. You will have strong interpersonal skills to portray information. Typically has or is developing industry expertise alongside their core duties.
- Collaborate to prepare and manipulate structured and unstructured data for data discovery and mining from multiple disparate resources.
- Build high-end analytic models, utilizing supervised and unsupervised learning models, to support decision makers with data driven insights that address immediate business problems and objectives.
- Create informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships; translates data analytics into coherent reports and presentations for internal and ex ternal customer with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- May have a specialty around machine learning, artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, optimization or advanced statistics.
- Routinely use anonymized or encrypted data.
- Prototype solutions using varied resources, including SAS software and open source software
What we’re looking for
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, probability, data modeling techniques, predictive modeling techniques and in-sample and out-of-sample model assessment.
- Knolwedge of programming langugages in OpenSource like R or Python. SAS would be a distinctive advantage.
- Knowledge of forecasting/time series analysis and optimisation.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Staticis, Mathematics, Econometry, IT or Telecommunications.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Machine Learning/Business Analytics for example IBM, Dataiku, DataRobot, Alteryx, Tableau.
- Past experience in cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon) , GCP (Google), with focus on AzureML&ModelOps, AWS ML Services or Google Cloud ML.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal