Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Services Delivery Manager to join our South Africa Professional Services & Delivery team. You will lead a team of project/program managers and oversee the execution and satisfactory completion of software service delivery projects within project portfolio. Support the implementation effort from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections, accountable for customer satisfaction and project financials. Assume responsibility for planning, implementing and maintaining methods, strategies, and business initiatives. Interacts with clients/customers, staff, Group Managers, and applicable departments at SAS. Leverage domain and industry expertise.
- Provide strategic leadership to project teams responsible for all implementation tasks such as proposal review, cost estimation, resource planning, scoping, delivery and execution.
- Responsible for portfolio management activities; periodically reviews the status of projects and provides updates to senior management as needed.
- Manage and mitigates risks associated with project delivery; serves as first level escalation point for issues that surface during delivery engagement.
- Identifies and assigns project managers to client engagements; collaborates with project managers to ensure that they are managing all activity associated with the delivery (cost, schedule, resources, issues, etc).
- Manage and resolves conflict between the project, client or other internal organizations in a satisfactory manner.
- Overall accountability for the profitability of the projects within their portfolio. Ensure that project management staff assumes fiscal responsibility for projects and maintains accurate project plans that satisfy customer requirements while adhering to deadlines and communicating weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Oversee budget planning/analysis, resource planning, and coordination of project activities between client and internal/external resources needed to accomplish strategic business goals.
- Provide accurate revenue forecasts on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Monitors revenue and expenses to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust; may communicate and interact with customer at multiple levels and participate in governance activities, particularly for larger more complex projects.
- Mentor staff in methodologies and best practices in project management to enhance project delivery; contribute leading practices and lessons learned content to knowledge management repositories.
- Serve as an advisor and resource to project management staff; coaches staff on providing project leadership and driving customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying project stakeholder commitments.
- Directly participate in the development and implementation of training and mentoring programs for staff. Provide regular performance reviews for team members.
- Provide staff with clear understanding of responsibilities, accountabilities and growth plan by communicating and managing work assignments, training, and performance appraisals.
- Monitor the alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives.
- Work closely with Resource Management, ensuring optimized resource utilization across all projects and assisting in the development and deployment of partner resources.
- Work closely with the Alliances to identify partner delivery opportunities as well as identify partner implementation requirements. Monitors Partner delivery performance and recommends improvements.
- Manage larger project portfolio with more complex strategic projects.
- Network with other managers in Business Unit and across the company (Sales, R&D, Technical Support and Product Management) during a client engagement.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management Practice procedures and tools; thorough understanding of software project delivery lifecycle.
- Knowledge of project goals and metrics.
- Thorough understanding of P&L responsibilities and the impact on services delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to position and support services sale opportunities
- Strong organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to ravel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.