SR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
OFFICE LOCATION: This position will be located anywhere in EMEA
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Support Engineer.
- You will be part of a global team that provides support for the various SAS Platforms and solution architecture.
- Responde to internal and external concerns regarding the SAS 9 and SAS Viya platforms, including deployment, configuration, features, errors, and usage.
- Provide technical support to SAS colleagues and customers using Phone, Email, Screen sharing, and other tools as needed to understand what business objectives the customer is trying to achieve
- Interpret documentation and explaining error messages, suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, product and/or solution, or the supporting systems software or infrastructure feature for the functionality that is requested, and providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by tools, products and/or solutions.
- Routinely utilize knowledge of SAS 9 and SAS Viya platform architectures and knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to recommend best practices, trouble-shoot, Replicate customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
- Work with other Technical Support teams and R&D to.
- Investigate reported issues and determine strategies for responding to the customer.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- Background in technical consulting, systems engineering, research, and development and/or customer support
- Experience working with SAS Platforms, and SAS Solution Architecture
- Experience with SAS 9 and SAS Viya deployments and configuration
- Experience with authentication (Kerberos, LDAP)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Location: This role can be based in either France, UK, Italy, Netherlands or Portugal
The nice to haves
- SAS programming experience
- Technical support experience supporting enterprise, multi-tiered software applications and/or solutions
- Experience with one or more database systems, i.e. Postgres, SQL Server, and Hadoop
- Experience with multiple OS’s Windows, Linux, Unix
- SAS Certifications
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.