About the role:
The role is based in the Pune, at SAS R&D India Pune facility. In this role, you will joining the Customer Intelligence department. We are looking for an experienced Analytics developer to contribute in development of solutions. You will be involved in planning and design work and will take responsibility to develop large parts of the application. Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, to develop cloud-based Solutions.
Good hands-on exposure to analytics, ML and Data Engineering concepts. Strong experience in Python, SAS, SQL. Solid foundation in creating and deploying native cloud application. Exposure to cloud and Big Data Technologies. Excellent problem solving skills.
Total Experience 5- 8 years
- Experience with developing Analytics and ML Solutions using SAS and/or Open source tools.
- Proficiency in SAS, CAS, Python, SQL and tools like Hive, Pandas etc
- Experience building cloud Native applications on aws, azure
- Experience with Postgres, Oracle databases or other RDBMS
- Must be familiar with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CI/CD practices
- Good logical skills, problem-solving capability, proactive and self-learner.
- Ability to make recommendations based on solid understanding of the problem resolution, troubleshooting or user interactions
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Understands business analytics and predictive analytics techniques like linear methods (regression and classification), decision tree, and unsupervised techniques like clustering and basic optimization concepts.
- Exposure to machine learning based methods like neural networks, random forest, support vector machine etc. would be desirable.
- Familiarity with Open Source Apache projects like Hive, Hadoop, Spark would be an added advantage
- Any exposure to web analytics is also desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with disciplined unit, regression, and integration testing
- Experience of scripting language (python, Perl, shell-scripting).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Work Hands-on to design and develop high quality, testable and scalable solutions as per the prescribed timelines.
- Should be able to understand the requirements from the product management and should be able to translate them to the product features using new technologies to solve the business problem.
- Should be able to present the design of proposed architecture to the stakeholders. Should facilitate the selection of correct technical choices via collaboration and implement for scale, performance and usability.
- Should be able to work independently and guide junior developers and peers in the team.
- Should be able to implement the architecture with the team and solve complex technical issues.
- Should be able to improve on processes related to quality of the software development. Should ensure and work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure quality software development.
- Actively seeks to update own knowledge base and apply new concepts to work
- Ability to evaluate options, present the recommendations, seeks feedback actively
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to help achieve goals, with minimal supervision