REMOTE - Sr. Security Engineer
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join our Global Information Security Team. You will be responsible for helping protect SAS by developing and executing innovative security controls, defenses and countermeasures designed to help prevent internal and external attacks. Candidates should possess a diverse set of skills including but not limit to network security, cloud security, risk assessments, automation, system administration, scripting, consulting and providing guidance about security best practices.
- Coordinate and execute security projects for the organization.
- Routinely conduct security risk assessments on networks and systems and makes recommendations to management to improve security and avoid negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information, and systems.
- Maintain security solutions such as IDS/IPS, Web Security, MFA, DLP, EDR, and cloud security tools.
- Respond to and lead security incidents as part of the Incident Response Team.
- Evaluate new products as they are being considered and provides recommendations for usage.
- Analyze and assess security systems, SaaS applications, and cloud environments to mature the systems security posture.
- Research latest security best practices, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and helps disseminate this information to appropriate groups within the organization.
- Create and update documentation and train junior-level engineers.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Deep Knowledge across multiple security technologies including:
- Enterprise ticketing systems (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Cloud technologies (Azure & AWS)
- Scripting languages
- Web content filtering
- Must possess one of the following or similar certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, or other related certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you will be interfacing with many internal customers.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Location: Cary, NC or Remote
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 4+ years of information security experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.