Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries and changing the way we live. The Risk Solutions development team is focused on the creation of risk and finance related applications across the Banking and Insurance sectors. As a valued member of this dynamic team, you will be on the crossroads between:
- the creation and ongoing support of the regulatory contents for various Risk Solutions,
- supporting SAS customers in several countries to ensure they can make best use of our risk products,
- supporting SAS sales and assist in achieving revenue targets by providing industry/business domain expertise in Risk Management and Finance.
What you’ll do
As a Software Developer in the Risk Solutions team, you will have the opportunity to acquire a wide range of business and technical skills, gain first-hand experience on best risk management practices, and experiment with the latest technology on the market.
- Help designing new products, bring new ideas and transform them into action, from prototypes to finished products. Think big!
- Develop and maintain regulatory risk software across banking and insurance for a portfolio of Risk Solutions related to ALM, Stress Testing, IFRS9, CECL, IFRS17, Solvency 2, Market Risk, Underwriting risk and more. You will be involved in all stages of the software product creation process.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership.
- Support implementation services on/off site for the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions, involved in all stages of the project implementation phase.
- We may ask you to travel, covering a wide geographical area that includes Europe and Asia.
What we’re looking for
- Master’s Degree, Computer Science, MIS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Understanding of Relational Data Models and experience with writing efficient SQL queries
- Understanding of and/or exposure to Finance Accounting and Risk Management topics is preferred
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programming experience in finance and risk models and/or algorithms.
- Experience working with microservices and Golang.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.