Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Database Administrator for the SAS Cloud Operations Center in SAS’s Cloud and Information Services (CIS) division in Poland, you will be responsible for all aspects of our data management systems in SAS Cloud.
As a Data Platform Administrator for Oracle in SAS Hosting, you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted database environment. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers and other implementation team members to engineer enterprise database installations and to manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems. You will support the implementation teams with training, expertise, mentoring and best practices with respect to database technology and architecture.
- Installation, configuration, management and monitoring of various database systems.
- Database upgrades, scripting, task automation, backups/recovery
- Documentation of the installation and upgrade processes
- Creating and maintaining engineering documents and system designs
- Maintain appropriate written documentation for operational procedures and system design
- Experience with monitoring systems and diagnostic tools
- SQL and performance tuning at all levels
- Development, adherence, and enforcement of security standards and policies
- Ability to learn other database technologies as supported by SAS Solutions OnDemand
- On call production support (24x7)
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Serve as technical escalation support other team members.
- Contribute to overall service quality by identifying and /or improve the customer experience with SAS Cloud services.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- At least 2 years' experience as a database administrator in Oracle and at least 1 of the following: MS SQL Server, Snowflake, Singlestore, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other PostgreSQL based appliances.
- Experience with PERL, Python or other shell/batch scripting languages
- Proficiency in Unix, Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience with PL/SQL or other database procedural language
- Experience with Data Guard, Audit Vault and Database Vault
- Experience with Oracle Exadata, Oracle RAC or other database HA solutions
- Experience with Hadoop technologies such as HDFS, Pig, Hive, Impala and management of the Hadoop system.
- Experience with Azure and AWS including their native database services.
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Experience with SAS software
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Toad, Erwin or other design and DB access products
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Multi-tasking in a hosting and production support driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as strong decision making skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a team setting
- Ability to interact well with development groups and end users
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems in a timely fashion
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.