Are you a problem solver, curious, and a knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re seeking a Consulting Operations Specialist to join our Professional Services (PS) Operations team, responsible for the development, support and monitoring of processes and standards used by all consulting projects undertaken within the Consulting Northern Europe region. Liaising with other SAS UK, Regional and Global departments in support of Professional Services, you will be responsible for the following:
- Continued improvement and maintenance of the key internal systems and processes for time recording, contracting and invoicing
- The provision of UK project status and financial information to management
- Assist in the monthly Consulting invoicing process and the approval of invoicing with Finance.
- PS monthly financial reporting – Revenue, Variance, Reserves, WIP, KPI’s, Forecasting, WINS reporting
- Aged Debtor Management – Liaison with Finance, Delivery and Engagement Managers and Project Managers to resolve Consulting outstanding payments
- On Hold projects (management) – Liaison with Delivery and Engagement Managers and Project Owners to reduce number of at risk projects, and move to billable projects
- To provide assistance and guidance to Project Managers and Project Owners in all aspects of internal processes pertaining to project delivery
- Be creative in finding solutions to both satisfy customer project requirements and SAS’s system and business processes
- To liaise with Global HQ on the latest Project Management Methodologies and ensure their correct usage in the delivery of projects in the UK.
What we’re looking for
- As the successful candidate you will be strong operationally and will ideally have experience in Project Management Office/Project Support Office/Project Administration, with a good appreciation of the financial elements of accruals, invoicing and crediting.
- Alternatively, you may have a background in Sales Administration within the software industry. You will have excellent organisation skills, good leadership and negotiation skills and be able to build strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
The nice to haves
- Experience in tools such as Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Microsoft Dynamics AX etc
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Today, as always, we seek the best talent to build on our success and help our customers change the world. If you believe you have a great talent and the motivation to use it, we would love to hear from you
- All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.’