Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re building client relationships, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Account Executive to manage our key and most strategic SAS customers in the Banking sector in Germany. You will join a team of talented sales experts responsible for delivering business value and helping banks achieve their goals through the creative use of SAS products, technologies and services. SAS has a long-standing relationship with many large banks, and our breadth of solutions mean that we are perfectly placed to support them in this next chapter of their evolution.
Working as part of the German banking team will present you with the opportunity to drive change, deliver strategic value and broaden your knowledge in the following domains:
- Analytics & AI – the fastest route to predict, optimize and automate at scale.
- Customer Experience – capitalize on every opportunity to understand customers behaviour and sentiment to deliver amazing experiences.
- Digital Innovation – realise the benefits of digital, while delivering the experience customers’ demand.
- Fraud – Stay one step ahead of organised and opportunistic fraud.
- Regulation – Work with leading solutions to the demands of Basel, Solvency and other regulations.
- Risk Management – Explore current & emerging opportunities for risk prevention and product innovation.
- Intelligent Decisioning – Make decisions smarter and organizations more efficient.
- Develop new business for SAS by working with the customer and analyzing new banking trends.
- Direct complex sales opportunities including implementation plans, which include the coordination of internal and/or external services.
- Engage appropriate external partners to create new revenue opportunity and elevate SAS’s strategic position in the account.
- Utilise SAS methodology and the multi-year strategic account plan that articulates the customer’s strategic business goals and objects.
- Look for our existing revenue streams and build up new opportunities in new parts of the banking departments
- Build and foster relationships at multiple levels within the account. Work alongside management on the scheduled cadence of collaborative meetings with key account.
- Maintain accurate revenue forecasts. Apply SAS contractual and pricing policies to a client situation with full appreciation of implications commercial risk.
- Work closely with SAS management team on strategic account development goals, customer relationships, industry programs, etc.
What are we looking for?
You will be highly experienced in software sales and have an outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue and corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the banking sector.
- Experience selling complex IT solutions to the banking sector.
- People focus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Ability to analyse the customers strategy to map it with our offerings
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs.
- Experience leading & advancing discussions with influential decision makers.
- Ability to create demand through insight by identifying the targeted account’s business challenges and needs and their probably causes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage virtual teams.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent German language skills.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.