To meet the growing demand for SAS products and solutions, SAS Singapore is looking for a Senior Consulting Project Manager to join our consulting team. The role is a client facing position within our Professional Services organisation reporting to the Head of Consulting, SAS Singapore. With a focus on managing complex projects and a portfolio of consulting projects involving SAS delivery teams, products and solutions, you will also be working with business and technology stakeholders to perform a broad range of delivery management activities.
There are four main parts to the role:
- Customer & Stakeholder Relationship – Partnering with SAS customers & stakeholders to ensure their delivery experience is positive, professional and outcome focused.
- Delivery & Project Management – Leadership of Consulting projects and project teams encompassing all aspects of a customer and project lifecycle.
- Solution Delivery Planning – Working with customers, account management and internal SME’s to prepare solution proposals and tender responses.
- Methodology & Governance – Applying industry methodology, SAS project management methodology and governance techniques to ensure projects run in an accountable and disciplined way.
This Senior Consulting Project Manager will form part of a community of Project Managers across South Asia and globally. The role encompasses the full customer life cycle and teaming across the SAS organisation. With areas of speciality and experience that form the collective experience of deploying world class business analytics solutions.
SAS are looking for candidates who first and foremost are a great cultural fit for our hard working and talented team, but for someone who has the following experience and skills:
- Proven track record in the delivery of consulting style projects including complex SI project
- Effective oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience working in IT with at least 10 years’ in Project Management
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence solutions, Core Banking Solution, E-business solution and Government projects;
- Experience in consulting, client facing roles and leading project environments
Required Project Management skills:
- Project Management and Delivery Management skills, such as:
- Project Lifecycle & Governance
- Scope Management
- Skill Based Resourcing & Resource Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Conflict resolution
- Time Management
- Project P&L Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Management
- Change Management
- General skills, such as:
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects and customer needs
- Negotiating client and SAS outcomes whilst managing expectations
- Ability to create and sustain a highly motivated team environment
- Ability to identify and own stakeholder needs and expectations
- Creation of project plans, risk assessment documents, contracts and agreement documents
- Assistance with response to RFIs and RFPs
- Understanding of industry standards and processes as applicable to software/systems delivery.
- Leveraging of various methodologies
- The use of quality assurance and change management procedures
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn