Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
Sells complex solutions and services to prospective and current customers. Provides in-depth Products and Solutions and industry expertise to identify, develop and close deals within the assigned territory. This would typically be a limited number of the company’s products, typically a technology solution or those that are strategic in nature. Typically specializes in a single product or product line. Works within an assigned sales pod(s), where defined and established. Will also be called on as a solution product expert to develop and present sales proposals and solutions, demonstrate and close complex technical sales. Specific skills required for these individuals are depending on the SAS Solution.
- Sells one specified software and/or solution to current and prospective customers.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Initiates and supports lead generation activities. Integrates strategy into overall account plan. Qualifies leads by analyzing business drivers and technical fit.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective and current customers.
- Conducts demonstrations and presentations to customers and prospects.
- Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Develops opportunities by managing and influencing requirements to gain competitive edge. Creates and presents sales proposals and systems solutions to successfully communicate the value of the company’s products and services. Leverages other support resources as appropriate.
- Maintains effective customer relationships with key decision makers or influencers to understand customer needs, match them with the appropriate solution(s) and close the sale.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies opportunities with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business. Works closely with support resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities. Fully utilizes account planning process and tools.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Facilitates closure of complex sales. Assists with pricing negotiations and licensing questions. Engage with enterprise negotiations and licensing operations on price negotiations and licensing questions.
- Post-close, transitions customer to Professional Services for design/deployment. May monitor customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- May Assists Product Management and/or Research and Development by providing information for future product direction.
- Produces revenue in line with current organization and individual targets/quota
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- 8 years of proven track record and expertise in selling the Customer Intelligence Solution.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.