Position: HR Business Partner and Talent Acquisition (JMP)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
As Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partner – JMP you will provide coaching, support and influence to enable the business to effectively deliver their people plans in the achievement of business and HR strategies. Provide a consultancy service that delivers advice and support to managers and employees on all HR-related areas including performance management, career planning, leadership development & coaching, total rewards/compensation, and policy interpretation in conjunction with specialist HR functions. Also manage the full life cycle recruiting process, which includes preparing, extending and negotiating job offers; sourcing candidates through multiple channels, such as internet applications, employee referrals, print advertising, cold-calling, university partnerships, career fairs, and industry meetings to create a well-qualified and diverse talent pipeline.
- Partner with JMP Japan to deliver value-added services to management and employees that align with overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with the HR specialist teams in the development and implementation of employee programs and initiatives across JMP.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues; provides guidance on, and assists in, performance improvement and conduct related issues.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention, provide policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop and deliver presentations on HR related topics.
- Ensure that the organization's needs are met in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Partner with hiring managers to advise on and implement a recruitment strategy.
- Assess the candidate market to determine appropriate recruiting sources for advertising and posting positions.
- Guide both candidates and hiring managers through a positive experience by delivering optimal customer service.
- Ensure data integrity and timely updates within all recruiting and HR systems.
- Demonstrate HR knowledge to assist business leaders in developing recommended course of action.
- Provide recommendations to resolve complex business problems.
- Consult with HR management prior to implementing solutions.
- Participate in HR program initiative teams.
- Drive new and innovative approaches for recruiting that result in increased quality of hire.
- Provide training for HR staff and management, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
- Knowledge of employment employee relations, compensation and salary administration and of the laws that govern these areas
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, diplomacy, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of employment laws and requirements of government contractors
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing, recruiting, staffing, interviewing and selection
- Knowledge of various sourcing techniques to discover active and passive candidates
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to develop recruiting programs that align with business strategies
- Strong understanding of talent market and recruiting trends and best practices.
- Fluency both in English and Japanese, speaking and writing.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
Five years of professional human resources experience handling a variety of responsibilities in two or more of the following areas: employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefits, or training. Experience working with an HR information/ management system preferred. Recruiting experience to include use of a variety of sourcing methodologies. Experience working with an HR information/resume management system preferred.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid JMP job openings are located on the Careers page at www.jmp.com. JMP only sends emails from verified “jmp.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of JMP, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.