Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analytics Consultant to join SAS’ DACH Consulting team.
You will play a vital role in providing analytical services to current and prospective customers.
- Develop statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provide statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translate customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of SAS Analytical Solutions (e.g. Data Mining and Machine Learning or Forecasting).
- Support data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contribute and/or review proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Strategizes with sales team to provide functional leadership for sales opportunities
- Provide coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
Working as part of the Consulting team in DACH will present you with the opportunity to drive change, delivery strategic value and broaden your knowledge in Analytics & AI. You will work with market leading solutions and a variety of leading customers on interesting projects.
What we’re looking for
- Background in Analytics and, preferably, experience using SAS
- Previous work experience of at least 5 years in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems supported by SAS software .
- Ability to communicate with and persuade people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Deep knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and putting code into production systems
- Good knowledge of operating systems supported by SAS software (Windows, Linux)
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
- Master’s degree in either Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Natural Science or related discipline
- Fluent in German and English language
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do
- SAS headquarters in Germany is in Heidelberg. Frequent travel will be required. Can be located in Germany or Vienna, Austria. We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.
- SAS is recognised by industry analysts as a leader in analytics, data science, data management and risk management. Working directly with customers, you will deliver solutions that deliver transformational value.
- You will work in a company that encourages curiosity and innovation.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action