Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to provide consulting and implementation services including requirements analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site. You will participate and/or lead the design and implementation of cloud solution architectures and processes on cloud platforms and container technologies like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, OpenShift, Docker and Kubernetes. You will focus on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as cloud engineering and systems integration, data engineering or data analytics and visualization. You will assist the sales team with technical advisory for sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Analyse all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation; Support the definition of scope and work packages, support resource planning and estimate cost on technical aspects of the project.
- Deliver standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and (cloud) technologies.
- Provide profound knowledge of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS technologies & implementations to the project teams.
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- May perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS foundation and cloud technologies.
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required. Provides support for user group events and trade shows.
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Strategize with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Look for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of IT architecture, industry standards and methodologies, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Work ability on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to conceptualize clients’ needs and translate into specific technical concepts for SAS applications and implementation strategies.
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux), database technologies and data management concepts.
- Good knowledge of cloud solutions & technologies (Azure / AWS / Google, Kubernetes, Docker, REST-API).
- Good understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Typically, a minimum of eight years’ experience of working in IT consulting projects with analytics solutions (SAS or others)
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline
- Very good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in German and English language
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Practical experience with one or more SAS products or solutions
- Can be located in Germany (SAS Headquarter is Heidelberg) or Austria (Vienna). We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.