Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager in the Fraud Division, you will be responsible for shaping SAS’s advanced analytics platform into an indispensable solution for enterprise customers across the globe. With your technical knowledge, you will help SAS deliver value to ensure we build a solution which leverages our platform that supports a multitude of Fraud and Security Intelligence Solutions. This role also analyzes new and emerging software technologies, partnering with appropriate R&D teams to drive assessment and adoption.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Sets, executes, and publishes the product vision and roadmap.
- Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, and product lifecycles.
- Manages the product across its lifecycle, leveraging available tools.
- Delivers technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
- Support product launches as primary content provider to facilitate knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press and analysts for Visual Investigator, BOSS, and other tools and technologies.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- May manage OEM/Technical Provider relationships.
- Works with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and acts as a point of contact for inbound inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline
- Five-plus years of experience in experience in product management
- Prior banking industry experience
- Knowledge and experience with cloud computing models (SaaS, PaaS) and cloud-native development methodologies
- Experience collaborating with R&D organizations and an understanding of the software development lifecycle, including agile development
- Experience with SAS Viya architecture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units in multiple timezones
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fast
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion
What we’re looking for
- Experience within the Fraud, AML or Security Intelligence Industry
- Experience with SAS programming and/or SAS products such as Visual Analytics
- Expertise with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with API management platforms and in “APIs as products”
- Experience with design thinking
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are ourvalues and influence everything we do.
- Experience working across multiple geographies
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-AS2
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.