Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead our Asia Pacific (AP) business. Reporting to the SVP of EMEA & AP Marketing and in alignment with the SVP AP Sales leadership, you will lead a geographically dispersed country-based marketing team and AP-based marketing shared services teams to design and implement innovative and integrated marketing programs across the customer lifecycle to drive awareness, preference, demand and retention goals. Additionally, you will participate in a global marketing leadership and global marketing initiatives.
- Serve as a member of AP geographic team and global marketing functional leadership group, responsible for determining and implementing overall marketing strategy and planning for AP in alignment with global strategy.
- Lead an organization of AP marketers to develop, plan and execute innovative, integrated marketing plans to advance SAS’ brand presence, and drive towards SAS’ AP total revenue target achievement.
- Drive a customer obsessed culture, developing programs that meet the needs of our target audiences and markets.
- Prioritize, review and approve marketing strategy and activation plans, including aligned resourcing support.
- Establish and communicate marketing objectives and results across marketing and AP stakeholders Specifically, manage AP marketing performance based on achievement of SAS brand equity, pipeline, revenue and retention targets.
- Oversee the overall budgeting, planning and staff development for the AP marketing organization.
- Manage organization size of typically 50+ employees in a geographically and culturally diverse region.
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, external influencers including media/marketing agencies, corporate and government partners.
- Proactively identify market trends and modernization needs and acts to create opportunities in market leadership for SAS AP region.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, working with AP leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external marketing/sales challenges and defines appropriate strategies to support them
- Direct/supervise the identification of key stakeholders and drive technical and business alignment by leveraging SAS and partner ecosystem to meet customer demand
- Promote global alignment and consistency while maintaining local relevancy and effectiveness.
What we’re looking for
- 15+ years marketing experience. Last 10+ years must be in a leadership or management capacity or relevant experience.
- Ability to tailor and implement global strategies in AP.
- Marketing experience must cover:
- Implementing marketing strategy and plans
- Brand activation and awareness marketing
- Demand generation, pipeline and revenue impact management
- Customer engagement marketing
- Digital and web marketing (inclusive of search and social)
- Content Marketing
- Customer experience marketing
- Marketing sciences and analytics
- Experience and understanding of AP markets and business cultures
- Experience managing an AP team/organisation
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability to build, manage, coach and influence direct and indirect reports and virtual teams.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills. Track record for translating strategic thinking into actionable plans and output.
- Mastery knowledge of marketing principles, practices, products/services/solution lifecycle and knowledge management, marketing tactics and tools.
- In-depth understanding of cross-geographic competitive environment in AP.
- In-depth knowledge of specific industry, customer segments, demand generation programs (inbound and outbound).
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with executive management and functional disciplines.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-AS2
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.