Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Responsible for selling SAS Value Added Services to current and prospective customers, as part of the company’s low cost of sales channel. Responsible for opportunity identification and lead development. Work either collaboratively with the marketing and field sales organizations or independently to position SAS Value Added Services including Software, Cloud, Education, Pre-Packaged Consulting Services, Health Checks, Premium Support Services and more with the objective to help grow and retain customers within the assigned territory.
- Focuses on incremental sales of SAS Value Added Services to current and prospective customers, with focus on ‘white space’ in large emerging enterprise customers.
- Participates in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans.
- Implements all aspects of territory and account management applicable revenue targets.
- Fulfills a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers; qualifies level of opportunity and appropriate sales channel required.
- Generates incremental revenue through lead follow up, social selling, prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or account.
- Identifies accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies opportunities thoroughly, and accurately forecasts timeframes to close business. Build and maintain sufficient pipeline to achieve revenue goals.
- Prioritize sales engagements, customer inquiries and other activities to maximize revenue and territory performance.
- Follows up with customers to manage account relationship and to uncover additional opportunities.
- Establishes relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine software, service and training needs.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements e.g. sells support documentation and services that compliments existing software license.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, terminologies, basic software applications, operating systems, and hardware requirements. Keeps track of product availability and software bundles.
- Use internal CRM to keep information about business accurate and up to date.
- Identify and facilitate various internal and external partner resources throughout sales cycle.
- Develops an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures. Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Five years of experience in sales, or telesales in an industry related environment.
- Applies advanced prospecting and strategic selling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual in both French and English is a preference.
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.