As a Cloud Systems Integrator for the Managed Application Services (MAS) team in SAS’s Cloud and Information Services (CIS) division, you will be responsible for all aspects of our SAS Cloud Hosted and Remote Managed Service environments. You will be an advocate for SAS customers, using your skills and expertise to ensure that customers realize full value from their SAS investment. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers, and implementation team members to deploy, manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems.
You will lead the team with training, expertise, mentoring, and best practices related to enterprise application technology, architecture, and support. You will work with global Product R&D, Technical Support, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all our SAS Cloud Hosted and Remote Managed Service environments.
You will guide and lead the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery tasks. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is required.
Individuals who excel in this role:
- Understand software development
- Understand how to read/write code or scripts
- Are familiar deployment methodologies and best practices such as CI/CD and Waterfall
- Have worked in complex infrastructure environments with a variety of services working both independently and together
- Have experience with identity and security management for enterprise applications
You will / Primary Responsibilities:
- Install, administer, support, and maintain SAS Enterprise software and solutions
- Generate documentation for architecture, installation and on-going operational support of customer environments
- Engineer solutions to ensure scalability and reliability
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems both independently and in a group setting
- Work directly with external customers and interface with other support teams and vendors
- Provide training, mentoring, and coaching for team members
- Contribute to tooling, automation, and system engineering efforts, freeing yourself and others from day-to-day toil
- Support global external and internal customers negotiating any challenges presented by different cultures, work practices, and time zones
- Ability to work flexible business hours as required by global customers / business needs
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders highlighting any risks or blockers with recommendations to remediate and work around identified issues
- Identify, design, and implement new initiatives designed to ensure long-term customer success and value
- Stay current on SAS offerings, technologies and industry trends
- Shift working as per business demand.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
Technologies you will work with on day one:
- SAS 9.4 & Viya Product Suites.
- Azure, AWS, and VMware-based cloud computing environments (compute, storage, networking, etc.)
- External and integrated databases – Oracle, Postgres, MSSQL
- Containerized software applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- API-driven tools and software
- ITIL management software - ServiceNow, CMDB, Jira, Git
- Middleware / Web-based applications (tcserver, apache, JBoss, etc.)
- Commercial, Opensource, and custom monitoring/alerting tools – Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana
What we’re looking for / Profile Requirements:
- Curious, Passionate, Authentic and Accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Problem-solving skills, Quick Learner and a can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy - while maintaining a solid awareness of the ‘big picture’.
- Ability to communicate with global peers and management in a clear, straightforward and effective way.
- Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skills
- 15+ years of technical experience including:
- 10+ years of experience Enterprise-class software installation and configuration.
- 8+ years of experience in SAS Software Implementation, support, consulting, or training.
- 4+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting SAS or Enterprise class applications.
- 4+ Years of Experience with implementing SAS on complex architectures within Cloud and Hosting Technologies (Microsoft Azure (Preferred), AWS, etc...)
- Working & Expert knowledge on SAS Products and Solutions:
- Designing and implementing SAS solutions on Cloud & Hosted Infrastructure
- Deployment, testing, delivery and maintenance activities related to SAS Solutions
- SAS Solution Implementations on High Availability GRID LSF Platform
- In-place upgrade and Migration of SAS Solutions
- Integration of SAS Products with different third-party tools and technologies
- Installation, Configuration, deployment and administration of
- Metadata, Clustered Metadata, Metadata Server
- Web Server and Web Application Server
- Users and User Groups, Identity & Access Management
- Multitenant Environments
- Product Hot-Fixes
- SAS Client Tools
- Base SAS Codes and Reports
- SAS Management Console
- Cloud Implementation Experience/knowledge on SAS Solutions, such as but not limited to:
- SAS Viya Product Suite
- SAS 9.4 Product Suite
- SAS Cloud
- Advanced Analytics
- Fraud & Security Intelligence
- Data Management
- Risk Management
- Open Integration
- PowerShell and Unix Shell scripting
- Linux system administration tasks including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
Nice to have / Preferences:
- SAS 9.4, Viya Certifications
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud – COMPUTE, STORAGE, NETWORK, SECURITY
- Know-how – Authentication techniques and their integration along with debugging
- Working knowledge of Python and Ansible for automation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation Certification
- ITSM Technologies (JIRA, ServiceNow) awareness and usage
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required)
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.