Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
◆What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
◆What you’ll do
Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers, you’ll be instrumental in driving sales growth by providing hands on support to the sales team. As a Cloud champion you’ll be responsible for delivering inspiring presentations, clear demonstrations and fielding technical queries throughout the sales process. Cloud solutions are relatively complex, and a key part of your role will involve converting technical language into clear business value for the customer.
You’ll provide technical assistance for customers, partners, and your peers in sales throughout the entire sales cycle providing pre-sales support, post-sales support, and collaboration with Cloud providers. The position requires a combination of advanced selling and technical skills to work in this complex area and a strong desire to learn new technologies. You will take the lead in designing Cloud go-to-market strategies and help define requirements, integrate with third-party solutions when necessary, perform tests and proactively contact customers and partners to help them with their implementation.
- Develops and manages strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted System Integrators, especially those that span AE territories.
- Assists AEs during sales cycle including qualification, proposal development and contract negotiation. This includes technical conversations on different cloud deployment approaches, security in the cloud, and understanding proper resources to involve for supporting deeper technical discussions.
- Builds customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Attend industry functions to promote SAS and identify new Cloud opportunities for Account Executives.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities per direction of Country Leadership team
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- As an experienced business leader, identifies and communicates areas for improved sales practices and processes.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- Works with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Provides overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. Directs internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Conducts extensive follow- up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
◆What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales or delivery of a managed services offering which include infrastructure, software, and consulting services OR experience in sales or delivery of a managed services offering which include infrastructure, software, and consulting services and 3 years of experience working for IaaS or PaaS provider.
- Experience in sales or delivery of Big Data, Analytics, or ERP Applications
- Strong sales or influencing skills
- Pipeline Management experience
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
◆Understand technical components of hosting:
- Networking (e.g. vpns)
- Single Sign On
- Backup & Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Encryption and Privacy (PII, PCI, GDPR)
- Data transport and connectivity
◆Understand the contractual components:
- Service level agreements
- Response times / Fix Times etc.
- Performance guarantees
- Penalty Clauses
- Indemnities (e.g. data loss)
- Pricing and risk pricing
- Services Add-ons (e.g. enhancements, bespoke services to fill contractual gaps
◆Ideally familiar with concepts such as:
- Big Data
- Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence
- Advanced Analytics
- AI / Machine Learning
- AWS Infrastructure and pricing models
- Managed Services pricing models
- Enterprise Hosting pricing models
- SaaS pricing model
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-JE1 #LI-HYBRID
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.