Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners. As a member of this division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners.
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT streaming best practices.
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping of SAS IoT technologies
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practices to strategic channel partners.
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions.
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with Sales and Channel Partners to provide practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Works proactively with Customer Advisors, Technical Architects, Consultants, and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training, and knowledge transfer.
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities.
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or underdeveloped problem domains.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field with 5 years of technical consulting, systems engineering, applications development, or relevant customer support experience.
- Strong understanding of software, platform, cloud, connectivity, and technology in the widest sense.
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- High sales and customer orientation and pronounced consultancy competence.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
- Travel as business needs dictate
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Knowledge of IoT or Complex Event Processing; experience in capturing, using, and\or analyzing streaming data.
- Understanding of streaming data sources like Kafka and MQTT and sinks like time series and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with AWS Greengrass, Azure IoT Hub, or similar IoT cloud provider technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with containers, Docker, and an understanding of Kubernetes architecture.
- Knowledge of programming tools like Python, Lua, shell script or similar.
- Experience of working with Linux operating systems.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.