Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
We will have new and exciting role coming up in our SAS Malaysia office.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
You will play a vital role influencing and enabling business strategy for the Consulting organization across the Asia Pacific/EMEA Emerging Markets region. You will be a trusted financial partner to the business as demonstrated by a deep understanding of the SAS consulting services organization, customers and processes. Specifically, this role works with consulting and financial leaders in a proactive manner, to drive business insights and support decision making through thought leadership, value add performance analysis, and recommendations. As such, you will be the link between Consulting and Finance leadership. This position will use both internal data as well as external information from different sources.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner, you will:
- Understand overall corporate strategy and business drivers in order to provide recommendations for critical decisions to the Consulting organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the critical success factors and business drivers for the consulting organization
- Maintain relationships with the Regional Consulting leader and their leadership team
- Assess opportunities to accelerate business growth based on trends and analysis of performance
- Identify and provide strategies to mitigate financial risks to the business
- Challenge status quo by using data analysis to identify gaps and opportunities in performance measurements
- Acts as a leader within the budgeting and forecasting cycles to translate the strategy into the business drivers, while accounting for risks and opportunities
- Participate in monthly project review process
- Propose multiple solutions to business challenges along with the risks and opportunities associated with each decision
- Implementation and ongoing reviews to ensure a consistent and uniform Consulting financial accounting policy, processes and practices across the region
- Provide guidance for strategic and non-standard deal assessments, ensuring deals comply with accounting standards Support highly complex decisions, test hypotheses about business problems and quantify risk and opportunity costs
- Provide training, leadership, and assistance to the local country finance/consulting operations teams on all facets of the accounting for consulting projects and ensure finance teams are consistently following all relevant policies and procedures
- Represent the region and provide input into global workgroups to help drive efficient and effective accounting process and policy
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of experience in a senior financial position with a sound understanding of both accounting standards and project management methodologies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across levels, function and geographies
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience developing Business cases
- Strong presentation skills
Other knowledge, skills and abilities preferred:
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office suite
- Advanced Financial Analysis
- Project management skills
- Ideally based in Malaysia
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.