As a Junior Data Scientist in Customer Advisory you will be an owner of all related activities needed to generate demand for the next generation of SAS Analytics, Machine Learning and AI applications and consulting services for a broad territory in South East Europe, establish yourself as a trusted advisor in the customers and partners ecosystem, connect to the customers' stakeholders on different levels, create the vision and the plan for success. You will observe the market and the technological innovations around customer analytics, define approach, positioning, software and services combinations to help SAS customers to drive innovation. You will be on the frontline, supporting the sales opportunities with your domain and technology knowledge.
- Act as an Analytics expert with deep knowledge on Value Propositions around Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Open Source Operationalization, ModelOps & Decisioning
- Actively contributes to promotion of SAS solutions for our customers (Financial Services, Telcos, Retail, Manufacturing, Utilities etc.) in South East Europe
- Connect SAS-related technology trends with the actual business value they bring to Client organizations
- Through technology-based discussions build trusted relationships with sales teams and Client accounts across South-east Europe
- Influence sales through domain or business expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles by enabling those who will be executing sales cycles or through supporting in-country business development efforts
- Deliver excellent presentations, demos, proposals and PoCs, leveraging on his/her business acumen.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of analytics in respective sectors, and how SAS differentiates on the market
- Works closely with sales executives and consulting management to validate Go-to-market approach to mirror actual Client need
- Contributes to the design and production of sales, customer advisory and marketing materials, including positioning SAS as an expert within conferences, publications, webinars and social media activities
- Co-ordinates the internal launch of new services / new value propositions to sales staff
What we’re looking for
- A BSc or MSc degree in a relevant field (computer science, information technology, mathematics, statistics)
- Hands-on experience (minimum 1-2 years) in the domain of Analytics, Machine Learning etc. using relevant programming languages and tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Python etc.)
- Basic Industry knowledge in order to convey go-to marketing messaging and deliver business value through Analytics
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Entrepreneurial— not afraid to take on responsibility and solve real customer problems.
- A critical thinker — who uses logic and experience to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems.
- Driven to make a big impact in a fast-developing digital world.
- Highly collaborative, driven by the customer, both technical and creative excellence, and a self-starter. Skilled at bringing people together, highly organized, and has leadership level communication. Possesses strategic and tactical decision-making skills that can weigh business needs alongside technological capabilities.
- An engaging story teller and mindful listener, attentive to details.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.