Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Project Manager, you will be served as the customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout entire customer life cycle. Interacts with clients/customers, staff, Group Managers, and applicable departments at SAS. You are required to interact with clients/customers, staff, ground managers, and applicable department at SAS by leveraging your domain and industry expertise.
- Assume fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring and managing the teamwork between the local team members, subcontractors and regional resources from various countries of different cultures including their hours and expenses on weekly basis.
- Follow up with Customer when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Communicate the role of the Project Manager to the project team and client by outlining authority, decision, and communications chains.
- Ensure organisation structure is appropriately resourced with right skill sets by identifying and matching the skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and ensure team members understand their assignments.
- Manage customer expectations fully and acts as customer liaison.
- Complete risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.)
- Prepare/create detail project plans as outlined in the Statement of Works with the Customer to baseline the agreed project plan, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Assist in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information.
- Maintain an accurate project plan, adhere to deadlines, lead and communicate weekly project status meetings and reporting which includes issues, risks, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, Management, and the Customer.
- Organise for Project Steering Committee Meetings.
- Ensure Customer stakeholders and SAS Project Director and Management are kept up to date with latest issues and progress.
- Follow up closely to obtain key sign-off’s of deliverables from Customer.
- Always on a look out to identify all project risks and minimize risk exposure on the project.
- Forecast revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Manage scope creeps and change request by following established Change Management procedures should project plans or schedules be adjusted.
- Provide leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management, and stakeholder commitments.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Ensure deliverables prepared by team are reviewed by Technical and Functional Leads before passing to Customer.
- Effectively apply SAS methodology and enforce project standards.
- Resolve any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engage management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Complete engagement/project summary, project closeout procedures and skills inventory updates at end of project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through project health checks, surveys and Delivery Excellence agreements.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent presentation, multinational project management and customer management skills.
- Understanding of win/win negotiation principles.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in Computer Engineer/Science or quantitative field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years’ implementation experience in managing enterprise solutions projects and understands the customers’ protocol and processes.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Very good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.