Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant to provide consulting services, including solution design and development, implementation and project closure at customer sites, assist sales teams with sales activities and ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Participate and conduct some customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation to determine solution design whilst mapping to the business needs.
- Participate in sales activities to determine scope of work, defines work effort, resource plan, and estimates cost on phase/project.
- Provide timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally
- The Technical Consultant is engaged in work efforts at all scales ranging from minor defect fixes and enhancements to development of new applications. They are also involved in all types of solution approaches (custom development, package implementation etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data warehouses, web services, infrastructure etc.)
- Facilitate meetings with clients or project team. Conduct technical requirements and design workshops utilizing banking, insurance and risk management knowledge and experience
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies the most complex information systems
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Ongoing improvement/develop the technical requirement processes and defines standards with the goal on enhances effectiveness and efficiency. Document it as the standard guideline/procedures. Enforce in all projects’ technical requirement process and monitor the outcome.
- Leading, review and quality control other projects team on technical requirement processes
- Create test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in systems integration testing in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design. Assist in analyzing testing results throughout the project
- Develop professional deliverables such as Technical Specifications, Data Mapping, Design, Business Rules, Test Strategy, Test Scripts and Technical Guides.
- Interpret regulatory guidelines in risk management to be configured and coded into SAS systems
- Hands on configuration and scripting
- Work proactively with others for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Specialize in specific technical area such as security, data management, system integration, business intelligence and/or reporting.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Look for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client
What we’re looking for
- Banking, insurance (FSI space) performing extensive data management and processing
- Have in-depth knowledge of data warehousing concepts and technologies, relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing.
- Expert in designing and developing ETL processes. Must have Good experience in design, development and implementation of DW/BI solutions.
- Have the experiences/knowledge of implementing solutions such as Risk, Fraud, Customer Intelligence, BPM or CRM
- Good business knowledge and familiarity with banking and insurance products, risk operations and credit processes
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs
- Ability to conceptualize clients’ needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Have experience in Base SAS, SAS Macros, SQL, OLAP cubes, DI studio (or any ETL tool) and Data Quality tools is an added advantage.
- Have basic/advance knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating system
- Have basic/advance database or system performance tuning experiences
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and client service skills
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.